Tuesday 11 November 2014

104 – The Red Doors of Progress


The Parish Council is deliberating. Since Malvolio Claxendell arrived in Gwair, this tiny previously obscure quarter of Hay-on-Wye has seen the unbridled proliferation of  festivals and esoteric culture. Dido Doolittle of Back Room books defends her rival. Little that has happened recently is Claxendell’s fault. Many others however are bewailing the day that the hordes from Hove arrived with their lavish cultural tastes. The Chairman highlights the economic benefit that the influx has had. ‘More has been gained than threatened’. However like old-timers anywhere the original residents resent ‘thems as paints their doors red’. A decision on giving permanent recognition to the festival cycle is postponed for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete